JIRA git hook
Jira hook helps you to not forget to mention in git commit the correct JIRA issue that you made modification for or fixed JIRA bugFeatures:
- In a hard way, hook recommends to commit modifications with a Git commit message containing [VECCORE-xx], [VECGEOM-xx] or [GEANTV-xx] (xx is a number of issue in CERN JIRA)
Important to know
You need to have JIRA issue to be open in one of the projects: VecCore, VecGeom, GeantV in ITS JIRA
IMPORTANT: To be able to open issue you need to belong to geant-dev e-group
We have a list of issues that could be used for generic fixes (without opening JIRA issue):
- VECCORE-1: https://its.cern.ch/jira/browse/VECCORE-1
- VECGEOM-35: https://its.cern.ch/jira/browse/VECGEOM-35
- GEANTV-102: https://its.cern.ch/jira/browse/GEANT-102
How to install and use hook?
- Clone or pull master of repository VecGeom or GeantV
- …Write beautifull code…
- Add files
git add 'modified files'
- Commit files
git commit -m “[VECGEOM/GEANT-xx] My message”(please don't forget to add JIRA numbers of issues that you are fixing, you will have JIRA git hook after clang-format hook)
- Check proposed version of modification of file by clang-format
- Select please correct decision:
- "Do you want to install patch (Yes - commit with patch, No - commit without patch, Cancel - stop committing)? [Y/N/C]"
- IMPORTANT: Answer is case-sensitive: please write your choice with capital letters (Y, N , C)